Northwood House: The Halloween Haunted History Tour (with Author Tim Wander)
31st October £17.50
Join us on Halloween night for a special spooky evening featuring ghost stories, myths, legends and supernatural tales associated with Northwood House, the Island’s most haunted venue.
This is far more than just a walk though a darkened building on Halloween night – it’s a chance to unravel the history of the house and to find out why this rambling Georgian manor maybe so haunted as you tour the many rooms and passageways at night by candlelight. See the cellars, tunnels, empty servant’s rooms and Nuns cells. The House has been a convent, a Red Cross hospital and a boarding school…. and has, of course, for over 200 years hosted the wildest parties attended by Royalty from all over Europe. Each has made its mark and must have left memories in the very fabric of the building.
Island historian and House expert Tim Wander will be your guide on Halloween night, telling you all about the haunted history of this iconic Island building… escorting you through the labyrinth of corridors and cellars. Only stopping to tell you who once lived there, and maybe discover if they still do.
Come with an open mind. Expert nothing, but be prepared for everything. Tim will tell you how the paranormal pervades every corner of the house, what the years of professional ghost hunters have seen and how science might offer… just some of the answers.
Limited tickets. One night only (additional dates maybe added if demand dictates).
Ticket price: £17.50/person
Tickets include a medium sized glass of house wine or a 33cl bottle of premium beer or a hot drink and biscuits upon arrival.
Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
Sorry, this event is for adults and teenage children only. Teenagers must be accompanied by their parent(s) or guardian(s). Wine and beer option available for over 18’s only.
This exclusive tour of the house is by candlelight and through darkened rooms, so guests will need to take extra care while moving through the building. Those of a nervous disposition should only attend the event if accompanied by another person.
Narrow stairs will be used to access the cellars and first floor of the building, so some parts of the experience will not be suitable/accessible for those with walking difficulties or needing a wheelchair for which we apologise in advance.
Free parking is available in the rotunda car park, with entrance through the main rotunda doors.
Signed copies of Tim Wanders book “Ghosts of Northwood House” will be available to purchase on the night.
Event lasts approx 2- 2.5 hours.
Please note: This is not a ghost walk with play actors trying to scare you or with scenes of spoof horror. This is an evening of story telling for those fascinated in local history and the many tales and legends associated with this famous island venue.
For the Northwood House Paranormal investigations events on 26th & 27th October 2022 please click here:
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking. If a customer cancels their booking 7 days or more before the day of the event, a full refund will be given.
- No refund will be given for cancellations less than 7 days before the event, even if the cancellation is Covid-related.
- There are circumstances beyond our control, such as failure of a third party to supply their services, where we may have to cancel an event at short notice. In this event, a full refund of the ticket price will be made to customers. Expenses such as travel and accommodation will not be refunded.
- No persons under the age of 13 are permitted to attend the event. Teenage children must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
- No recording of the tour and stories are permitted.