The Lawn Bar (Summer Weekends)
17th July - 6th September
Hooray! We are delighted to announce the opening of “The Lawn Bar” at summer weekends from Friday 17th July here at Northwood House. You can at last enjoy a relaxing drink with friends and family in the safety of the great outdoors in the largest licenced outdoor venue in Cowes!
We’ve been working hard to make sure that we will be meeting the latest government guidelines regarding the opening of pubs and beer gardens to keep our customers and staff safe during the Covid-19 pandemic, so there will be a number of rules in place that we will all have to follow. However, we know that you will work with us to make sure we do our best to meet the regulations, while all having an enjoyable experience at the same time. Social distancing and taking extra care with hygiene has become the new normal these days, so all of these measures will be in place when you visit us to keep you safe.
Opening times for The Lawn Bar are as follows:
Friday’s: 4pm-10pm for after work drinks!
Saturday’s 12noon-10pm- for sunny Saturday socialising!
Sunday;s 12noon-6pm- for chilled out Sunday vibes!
*Times are subject to change at short notice. On wet/inclement days we may not open or open later/close earlier (with 20 minutes notice). See our facebook page for latest information: https://www.facebook.com/northwoodhousecowes/
The Lawn Bar will compromise of a “container” style bar with a marquee roof cover, surrounded with lots of tables and picnic style seating on the house lawns. You will be able to queue up to get a drink from the bar as all the measures are in place to allow that to happen, with bar snacks available to enjoy too.
This won’t unfortunately be our normal “Cowes Week Lawn Lounge” set up at the moment, with no undercover seating available in marquees due to the current risk management, so this will be a venue for days/evenings for when the weather is nice for sitting out of doors. We are able to play background music across the lawns, but no live music is currently permitted, but we hope that might change soon!
What you need to know before visiting (sorry, we have to list the rules in advance!):
- A full risk assessment has been carried out to make us Covid Compliant, meeting the latest Government guidelines for pubs and outside venues. We reserve the right to be enforce stricter rules than the guidance may indicate.
- Please click below to view the Risk Assessment Document:
- You must not enter if you have any of the Covid-19 symptoms, or have been self-isolating at home for any given reason within the last 14 days.
- You must leave the premises immediately if you develop any Covid-19 symptoms while on site.
- The lawns have a maximum capacity to meet regulations. Once all the tables and grass seating areas are filled there is a one group in-one group out policy.
- Maximum group size permitted is 6 people sitting at a table or on the grass (picnic style).
- No under 18’s admitted without parent or guardian.
- Challenge 25 applies to guests. Staff will challenge you upon entry, at the bar or while you are seated if required if you look under 25 and haven’t already shown your ID (photo driving licence or passport is all that is accepted).
- Bar closes 20 minutes before stated (or amended) closing times.
- Entry/Exit is via the upper lawn gates near the park tennis courts.
- A 2m socially distance queuing system will be in place outside the gate in busier times. Please queue patiently or come back later. Queue at least 2m from persons not in your family or social bubble.
- You must wait at the entry gate until a member of our team invites you in to be seated.
- All guests must sanitise their hands upon entry and the lead person in the group must give their full name, address and contact number to meet the Government’s “Track and Trace” policy. Those details will be held by us securely for at least 21 days.
- You will shown to your table or grass seating area. Customers may wish to bring a cushion or small blanket for sitting on the grass if all tables are full.
- You will be given a disposable printed drinks menu to share between the group.
- You must remain at your table/demarked grass area at all times apart from when going the bar or the toilets. Children should be carefully controlled and stay seated at all times.
- Please do not move furniture while at the venue.
- When moving around the lawn please stay within the demarked walkway and respect other customers by remaining at least 2m from others at all times.
- 2m socially distanced queuing lanes will be in place for takeaway bar service and to enter the main building to use the toilets.
- Where possible only one person from your group should queue and order drinks from the bar to reduce people standing in queues.
- You must sanitise your hands before entry to the bar area and main building for the toilets.
- You will be asked to step forward to order your drinks from the bar counter.
- Drinks are served in eco- friendly compostable plastic cups.
- Contactless card payment is preferred where possible.
- Please exit the bar area as shown by the arrows to allow for a one-way system to operate.
- The House toilets will be monitored by a member of staff who will manage the ingress and egress of customers on a one in-one out basis. Customers should wait patiently to be called forward from the rotunda building area, where up to three ladies and three gentleman can wait inside with social distancing.
- You may wish to wear a face covering while entering the building to use the toilet. If you are in a higher risk Covid-19 group you should mitigate heightened risks of being inside by wearing a face covering if possible.
- You should wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds after using the toilet and stay socially distanced from any fellow users while using the toilet space. Upon exit, return directly to your table or seating area via the demarked pathways.
- No dancing, shouting, rowdy behaviour or raised voices are currently permitted while at the venue.
- Tables will be cleaned thoroughly between user groups and an enhanced cleaning schedule will be in operation at the venue on touch points and in the communal spaces.
- Follow the guidance set out on any signage that is displayed for your enhanced safety.
- Hot drinks and cakes are available on Saturdays and Sunday’s from the Tea garden area on the south side of the house between 12pm and 4.30pm.
- Please respect our staff who will be doing their best to keep you and others customers safe during your visit. Their decision is final.
- No food or drink to be brought on to the premises.
- The right of admission is reserved and to eject any customer that do not comply with the rules. We will have no hesitation in calling the Police to assist us with any issues if required.
- Please leave by the designated exit. Please respect our neighbours and leave particularly quietly when leaving the venue late in the evening, thank you.
- We reserve the right to amend the opening and closing times at short notice, close early, open later or not open at all on inclement weather days. We will give all customers 20 minutes notice/drinking up time if we are closing early.
- We reserve the right to review and change the policies set out above (sometimes with immediate effect or at short notice) to meet updated or revised guidelines.