Ghosts and Legends by Candlelight (with Author Tim Wander)
28th - 29th October £19.50
18/10 2021 Update: The Friday evening event has now sold out. A few tickets remain for the Thursday event.
Join us on two nights leading up to Halloween for a spooky evening tour featuring ghost stories, myths, legends and supernatural tales associated with Northwood House, the Island’s most haunted venue. This is far more than just a ghost walk though – it’s a chance to unravel the history of the house and to find out why this rambling Georgian manor maybe so haunted as you tour the many rooms and passageways at night by candlelight.
Tim Wander, author of the popular local book “Ghosts of Northwood House” will be your host and guide for the evening and will start with an introduction in the House Ballroom, followed by a tour through the venue which will take you through the dark cellars and eerie old servants quarters where the public don’t normally have access.
With its fascinating history including as a red cross hospital, convent and Spanish flu morgue, its no wonder Northwood House may have had more than its fair share of opportunities to acquire some spiritual residents over its 200 year history. Tim reveals some of the ghostly sightings and unexplained occurrences which have taken place at the venue, so if you are fascinated in ghosts, this is an evening not to miss.
Ticket price: £19.50/person (Northwood House members £15.50- by phone only). Tickets include a medium sized glass of house wine or a 33cl bottle of beer or a hot drink and biscuits upon arrival.
Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
Sorry, this event is for adults and teenage children only. Teenagers must be accompanied by their parent(s) or guardian(s). Wine and beer option available for over 18’s only.
This exclusive tour of the house is by candlelight and through darkened rooms, so guests will need to take extra care while moving through the building. Those of a nervous disposition should only attend the event if accompanied by another person.
Narrow stairs will be used to access the cellars and first floor of the building, so some parts of the experience will not be suitable/accessible for those with walking difficulties or needing a wheelchair for which we apologise in advance.
Free parking is available in the rotunda car park, with entrance through the main rotunda doors.
Signed copies of Tim Wanders book “Ghosts of Northwood House” will be available to purchase on the night.
Tour and stories last approx 2- 2.5 hours
For the Northwood House Paranormal investigations events on 26th & 27th October 2021 please click here:
For the safety of others attending the event and for our team, we are adopting the following safety measures:
- Guests should not attend if they have tested positive for Covid or are self isolating for any reason.
- Guests should not attend if they are unwell or experiencing Covid or similar respiratory-type symptoms.
- Guests should where possible take a Covid lateral flow test before attending the event to prove they are negative.
- Guests should sanitise their hands upon entry and add their name to the Covid entry register for Test & Trace purposes.
- Guests are encouraged to wear a face covering while inside the building if they wish.
- Guests should wash their hands thoroughly after using the washrooms..
- A limited number of tickets are available to aid social distancing inside the venue as much as possible.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking. If a customer cancels their booking 7 days or more before the day of the event, a full refund will be given. No refund will be given for cancellations less than 7 days before the event, even if the cancellation is Covid-related.
- There are circumstances beyond our control, such as failure of a third party to supply their services, where we may have to cancel an event at short notice. In this event, a full refund of the ticket price will be made to customers. Expenses such as travel and accommodation will not be refunded.
- No persons under the age of 13 are permitted to attend the event. Teenage children must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
- No recording of the tour and stories are permitted.